How to get a Good Medium Reading.
In all honesty, there is more to getting a good medium reading, than getting a good night’s sleep, not having alcohol or recreational drugs within 36 hours of reading, and trying to be open to the process. In this blog, I hope to provide you with some valuable information so you can enjoy your experience at a reading.
Over the last ten years, I have realized that many people, the majority of the world, still don’t understand the spiritual gift of spirit communication. When we don’t understand something, we look to the more well-known individuals to provide us with some answers, or we look to the past. I would have to say looking to the past for mediumship answers is probably not the best solution for you, especially if you go back more than 100 years. And it has become apparent to me that every medium is different at mediumship. Everyone has their belief system, which affects their beliefs about mediumship, and have their reasons for doing this work. Let’s face it, many people think of this form of communication, as fun, or as a party trick. And some think it’s the work of demons. Talking to the dead isn’t fun on many levels, and no demons would dare come near me. Then you have pictures of mediums and psychics gazing into crystal balls, saying they can 100% predict the future, remove spells, they look dark and scary, the website seems eerie too, it’s never-ending, really—anything to grab your attention. So, I get why people have such a turnoff or fear towards mediums.
So, how did I get some of the answers on mediumship? I looked towards God. After all, who better to give the correct information. I was amazed, how once I opened my heart and mind to the divine, floods of information became unveiled to me, and I will share a little piece of that information with you today on this blog. And being able to communicate with the afterlife since age five has allowed me to tap into their world, and believe me the dead love to share information about mediumship, at least the information they are allowed to share. Here are some things to think about before coming into a reading.
1) It is essential to come into a reading with an open mind and heart and to be free to whoever would like to communicate and to whatever information they would like to share with you. And, yes, of course, no alcohol or recreational drugs, please. There is nothing worse than communicating with someone who is intoxicated, even a little.
2) Try to relax as much as you can. I get this can be a nervous time for you. Your loved ones are just as excited to speak with you and are going to try hard to make sure they communicate with me rightly too. Spirit communication isn’t like two live people talking; it’s much different. For me, there is a door between this world and the next. Sometimes when I open up the door and your loved one’s step through, I can see everything so clearly. What they look like, I can feel their energy, hear them speak to me, and it’s quite lovely. Then there are those days when it’s a little foggy, and the communication comes through differently, more symbols, less seeing. Also, your loved ones will bring through their personality and speak to me, just like when they were alive. If one was quiet, you could be sure they will be a little quiet during the reading too. If a loved one was loud and talkative, they might take up more of the communication. So relax, all unfolds as it should.
3) Be patient. Don’t think that the person you want to speak to the most is going to come through first. No, when I open the door to heaven, and your loved ones and family members show up, I give them the time to speak. After all, I think it would be very rude of me if I didn’t let everyone at least say hello. You may have hired me to read for you, but this is a sacred process and one I value, trust, and honour. If they took the time to arrive, I would give them the time to speak. And remember, it doesn’t matter if someone has recently passed within a couple of weeks or has been passed over for fifty years, whoever can come through will come through, so trust the process.
4) Don’t be too eager to talk to the dead. If someone has recently past, allow them time to transition to the other side. Now, this is different for missing persons, because the information they share with me can come through differently. There seems to be more of an urgency to find their body so that you can move forward with grief. The waiting time is for you. Mediumship is here to help you with your pain.
5) Don’t demand your loved one to bring forward specific words, a memory, or an item that means something to you. I have lost count on how many times people have done that. While your loved one will more than likely oblige to the request, that doesn’t mean me or any other medium is going to understand every symbol, feel, or hear every word your loved ones use. You see, some mediums are not real mediums, they are telepaths, and they are reading your mind. I like to prove I’m not reading your mind, by providing you with information your loved one is sharing. Information where there is no way on earth I could have known. Information you have entirely forgotten about, information that makes you think, “why are they talking about this in a reading”? or “how did she know that”? Now that’s mediumship. You will receive all the information and validation you need to help you move forward. Again, trust the process. When one is demanding, the ego takes over, and you are no longer in the divine flow of healing, and a negative tear begins to form between this world to the next. Not good.
6) Be kind to your loved ones. Talking to the afterlife is for healing. Please don’t come into a reading thinking you are going to tell them off (yes, it’s happened before), don’t ask questions like, did you have an affair? Or ask your loved one if your spouse is having an affair. Let’s face it; if they were not going to tell you in the physical world when they were alive, your loved ones probably wouldn’t answer it after they have passed either.
7) I’m not here to wow you or make you become a believer in the afterlife. I truly believe God and spirit have entrusted me with this gift. I never searched to become a medium; it’s an ability that was brought forward since birth, which means I am to use it to help people and this world with loss. I use this gift with faith, respect, integrity, and love. Please don’t come in trying to test my ability, being downright cold and mean, or worse, bringing your ego into a reading. There is nothing more disturbing to me and the spirit world when someone comes in to see a medium with a bad attitude or harmful intentions.
As I said before, this is a pure form of communication, come into a reading with respect and love for the ability, and happy to be able to speak with your loved ones once again. Please don’t bring pictures, items of the deceased, and most importantly, don’t tell me anything about who you want to connect within the afterlife or the circumstance when you book a reading, or when you walk into my office. Let your loved ones speak first; after all, that’s why you’re coming in for a reading.
Marnie is a natural-born Spiritual Medium. She has been professionally conducting readings internationally and locally within Canada since 2007. Visit www.marniehill.com for more information about her and her services.